If this forum is good for anything, it is a demonstration of the validity of Brandolini’s Law.
Brandolini’s law, also known as the bullshit asymmetry principle, is an internet adage that emphasizes the difficulty of debunking false, facetious, or otherwise misleading information: “The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is needed to produce it.”
Recently, I have wasted my time and effort on responding to more than a little bullshit.
- That the economy suffered under Obama and Trump changed it for the better.
- That Obama had nothing to do with the 2009-2010 recovery.
- That Covid vaccines are secret poisons.
- That Billionaires are secretly trying to kill everyone with Covid vaccines so that . . .
- They will have easier access to “beautiful concubines” (somehow immune to the poison)
- That FIVE years in jail was justified for a voting mistake.
- That stories of Ms. Mason and young Mr. Youngkin are not in any way related
- That tax breaks to support journalists (mostly conservative) is an assault on Liberty and
- part of a master plan to create the equivalent of Pravda.
- Imaginary and debunked bathroom failures by President Biden.
If you see a lot less of me posting, this is the reason why. It is truly a waste of effort.