Update on Omicron boosters

Earlier I said I would get one of the new Bivalent boosters as soon as they are available, however, further checking uncovered a caveat to that.

I still will get the booster, along with my flu shot, but I will wait until October. The reason is that I got my 2nd Wild Type booster in May, and the immunologists now recommend waiting 5 to 6 months between boosters. Not because of any danger but because if you take it too soon, your immune system will destroy the new antigens before they are taken up to re-program your B lymphocytes and the booster will not work as well.

So, consider the timing before getting the new booster, even though it will be available next week.

One thought on “Update on Omicron boosters

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s